Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Focus Areas for Me Inc EA Exercise

How should I start?  The strategy that I have in mind now is to list out the major areas of concern, and then have an iteration (current state, goal state, implementation plan) for each of those areas.

Here’s my shot at listing the major areas:

Area Applications (items in italics rarely used)
Email - Gmail
- Yahoo mail (my spam account)
- Outlook
Thunderbird (for my old mails)
- Lotus Notes
- WM6 Outlook
- Work webmail
- Facebook inbox
Instant messaging - pidgin
- MSN
- SMS
- GTalk
- ICQ
To-dos & scheduling - Outlook Tasks
- Outlook Calendar
- WM To-dos
- WM Calendar
Backup - Sonic Data
- O&O DiskImage
Security - TrueCrypt
- Comodo Firewall
Version Control - ActiveSync

Contacts Management - facebook
- Outlook
Fast computer working environment - CCleaner
- Windows Defrag
- WinDirStats
- Comodo Firewall
- Sun VirtualBox
Research - BlogSpot
- Windows Live Writer
- Google Site
- Tombo
News - GreatNews
- Chrome
- WM RSS Reader

 

I think this list is neither complete nor optimally organised, but I will use this as a starting point and update it at the Google Site version as I go along.

Which area should I start my iterations in?  I think it should be “backup”, since that’s what I have been working on recently.  After that, I can probably move on to “Research” since that will benefit this documenting process directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment